Saturday 7 June 2014

First Step towards being a Microsoft Student Associates

  • Hello my fellow Bloggers and Readers, This is Ayushi Mishra pursuing B.TECH 2nd
  •  year (Computer Science Engineering) in Dronacharya College of Engineering, Gurgaon.

Well, finally I am posting my first Blog, My First Step towards being a part of Microsoft Student Associates.

As this blog is all about my views, opinions and heartfelt, I would wish to keep the language a bit more informal. Speaking formal and expressing my views will surely disconnect me from everybody who is reading this and also my text will look like mere tiny alphabets written in "ARIAL BLACK".

Did I simply say "ARIAL BLACK"!? And your mind pictured a Menu bar with pull down menu which says "fonts". Oh, so your mind is talking about WORD PROCESSOR on which you work almost daily? "Am I right?
I can feel whosoever will read this line will again say, "WORD PROCESSOR" really?! "Noah!!! That's MS-WORD!"

So we can now relate, "How Much Microsoft has impacted our lives".



Before I write about the Impact let me first write something about what Microsoft really is.


Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Redmond, Washington, that develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services. Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office - Office suite, and Internet Explorer web browser. Its flagship hardware products are Xbox game console and the Microsoft Surface series of tablets. It is the world's largest software maker measured by revenues. It is also one of the world's most valuable companies. -"Credits - Wikipedia"

We never thought of defining the "Microsoft". Did we? Ever!?. Well, the answer is surely "No". We All are happy with the fact that it is company founded by Bill Gates, who is a millionaire and we use its product.
Isn't this trust an Impact in itself?

huh!??
Microsoft clearly had a bigger impact on the world than any other software or computer company. The company that actually made the world realize the magic of software, and made computing accessible to almost everyone on the planet, is Microsoft. Microsoft, being a software company, built an operating system platform that let thousands of others innovate which made PCs cheaper and more valuable every year which meant more and more people could get access to them, in a vicious circle.



In my everyday life, I’ve clearly experienced the huge impact of Microsoft. It has really changed the way we work. Here's a trick question: who has produced the most books in the past 30 years? - A guy called Charles Simonyi. Really? Well, Mr Simonyi is the genius who created Microsoft Word, which is the word-processing program used by perhaps 95% of all writers currently extant, and although Simonyi didn't actually write any books himself, the tool he made has definitely affected the ways texts are created. Even I have to write many research papers or articles for my college journal. But I can’t just imagine myself writing my works on a piece of paper, had Microsoft Word not been there. According to me, this vast use of such easily accessible and fast softwares built by Microsoft has reduced the usage of time of their users, leading them to concentrate more time over their society’s development.
Microsoft’s reverence over the world is for two most important things:
·         ►Microsoft was the first real software company.
·         ►Microsoft did put a PC on every desk and in every home. 


By shifting the value in computing to software, Microsoft commoditized computing hardware and made computing accessible to the masses. If this isn't one of the most significant events in history, nothing is.
Today most people are busy interacting with the touch screen of an ATM, using the GPS in their car or watching content from a connected TV. But all thanks to Microsoft, that all these “easily-available” facilities are available to us.
   
"Yeah! This type of Reaction is again an "IMPACT". :-P and is expected cause its Microsoft.

My Role as Microsoft Student Associate….. 

o    If only someone can keep holy book of India, i.e.  Bhagvad Gita in front of me, I could swear on it to say why I actually want to be the Microsoft Student Associates.




Being a Microsoft Student Associate means a lot to me, because it’s the company for which I really am grateful to be part of. It’d be my dream come true. For a technical student who is always excited about gadgets and their specifications, operating system and who is always surrounded by ideas of computer innovation. Living in the fast competitive world, I love to find a shortcut to time-consuming tasks and in this motive of my life; Microsoft has always come to my rescue.

1)      Microsoft stands as the “One Man Army” with all its weapons enough to rule the people. After becoming an MSA, I would like to be a part of the team and promote the impact of Microsoft and its products by organizing events: cultural, technical, workshops, conference, seminars, presentations, boot camps, etc.

2)      My good contact my fellow friends, classmates, faculty members, and other college staff and also my way of making people understand with the help of expressive use of language will help me communicate with all of them and make them aware about all the latest and innovative technologies developed by Microsoft and their initiative to build a strong and better social media for the betterment of the society we live in, be it online or offline.

3)      Increasing technologies, though easily operative, can sometimes also consume people’s time thinking about their operations and functions. To this, I will serve them by helping in issues which they are unaware about and making them realize the easy operation of Microsoft technologies or gadgets and their benefits.

4)      Social networking sites have emerged as a platform to share everything and anything. Microsoft, as I said before, needs no advertisement kind of thing but I’ll love to fuel the popularity of Microsoft by sharing on my posts the initiatives, the projects and the goals of Microsoft. In this way, making people know about all the various even the minute things about Microsoft. For this, one really needs to be a Social Media Enthusiast.

5)       Education and learning and the way it is carried out also define one of the characteristics of the organisation. I’d love to reframe the part of it with the help of Microsoft.

6)      My college provides scholar students with Aakash tablets (holding it itself instilled me the sense of proud and honour cause it  takes all your hard work, being a scholar). If I could manage, I would suggest providing Nokia Lumia Phones provided with Windows platform, as a token of honour to all the deserving students of my institute. 


Now a small confession, all the contents you see on this blog were first drafted, formatted and spell checked on Microsoft Word. Thus, we can now see the use of Microsoft in our day to day life.

What would the people online from the desktop would do without the Windows which is again a Microsoft product.

Please friends, support me by hitting like, share and commenting your views on this blog and share it if you loved it.



Thanks and Regards,
Ayushi Mishra
MSA Aspirant










53 comments:

  1. awesome work
    best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you so much dear.. :)
      u rock :* <3

      Delete
  3. Superb.
    Its catchy and not at all boring

    All the best :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long enough to generate people's interes...BTW you write well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good and All the best for your future blogs..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sir for ur warm wishes :)

      Delete
  6. Weldone. Best wishes for future blogs..

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing Blog...great work..keep it up :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good work Arushi.... All the best

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome it was.....sissy best of luck :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awieee my brother :D
      Thank u himanshu :)

      Delete
  11. Good blog Arushi. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice write up with interesting examples that are easy for all to understand.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I must say, Nice Blog...

    Ayaan Chawla - www.AyaanChawla.com
    Founder & CEO - Asian Fox Developments, Global Web Mount, Mind-In Advertising and Group For Buddies

    ReplyDelete
  14. nice work.. !!

    @ayaan chawla... nice website .. but vulnerable.. :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey! Thanks Akshit :D

      "Our very own Internet Security Expert :D "

      Delete
    2. becoz "information security professional" sounds cooler than.. Engineer :p

      Delete
  15. Superb job!!! Its very intresting to read and fresh. Using troll is way cooler than any boring pie chart or complex histograms!
    Also I would like to add a point from my end for the blog...use of excel by guys living togeather and sharing expenses or during shared trips...hisab simplified!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Finally the comment i was waiting for.
    Thank You So muchh Abhishek bhaiya :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Finally the comment i was waiting for.
    Thank You So muchh Abhishek bhaiya :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. A lot of well written stuff Ayushi.....Quite a lot of good work..well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you so much Avani :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. exellent work aayushi (y) .... i liked it :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. A good read Ayushi, well done!

    ReplyDelete